Oh I just love Wikipedia!
Seperti biasa hujung tahun is the time to sit back and reflect what has been achieved and failures in self development, work wise, relationships with family and friends and most importantly what has been planned at the beginning of the year has been achieved or not. Personally for the past several years I didn’t start a New Year resolution. Instead, I continued with what has not been achieved and simply add some new things in my list.
Ok dah lari saya dah lari topic. I was doing my daily browsing in Wikipedia and after reading the daily featured article I suddenly remembered that I wanted to do some research about Rome. Rome has always been in my places to go besides Mekah, South Africa, Korea and Australia. Why Rome? Romantic la of coz! Hehe.. taklah.. I just want to go and see the architectures. Actually lepas tengok When in Rome perasaan nak gi sana makin bertambah. Eh! tapi itu factor romatic jugak! Eh apa pun hopefully one day boleh gi sana, InsyaAllah.
As I was searching about Rome and the famous Colosseum, keluar several related articles regarding the Seven Wonders of the World. Sekali lagi, saya dah lari dari objective sebenar. I just thought it would be interesting to share this facts and information with everyone. After reading all this saya rasa banyak dana yang perlu dikumpul and my list for places to go perlu ditambah lagi?
So here goes...
Seperti biasa hujung tahun is the time to sit back and reflect what has been achieved and failures in self development, work wise, relationships with family and friends and most importantly what has been planned at the beginning of the year has been achieved or not. Personally for the past several years I didn’t start a New Year resolution. Instead, I continued with what has not been achieved and simply add some new things in my list.
Ok dah lari saya dah lari topic. I was doing my daily browsing in Wikipedia and after reading the daily featured article I suddenly remembered that I wanted to do some research about Rome. Rome has always been in my places to go besides Mekah, South Africa, Korea and Australia. Why Rome? Romantic la of coz! Hehe.. taklah.. I just want to go and see the architectures. Actually lepas tengok When in Rome perasaan nak gi sana makin bertambah. Eh! tapi itu factor romatic jugak! Eh apa pun hopefully one day boleh gi sana, InsyaAllah.
As I was searching about Rome and the famous Colosseum, keluar several related articles regarding the Seven Wonders of the World. Sekali lagi, saya dah lari dari objective sebenar. I just thought it would be interesting to share this facts and information with everyone. After reading all this saya rasa banyak dana yang perlu dikumpul and my list for places to go perlu ditambah lagi?
So here goes...

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (from left to right, top to bottom): Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria as depicted by 16th-century Dutch artist Marten Heemskerk.
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
Everyone will only have the opportunity to visit the Great Pyramid of Giza as the other 6 wonders do no longer exist. Jom pi Egypt....
1. Great Pyramid of Giza
Date of Construction: 2584-2561 BC
Builder: Egyptians
Notable Feature: Believed to have been built as the tomb of fourth dynasty Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu
Date of Destruction: Still in Existence
Cause of Destruction: Still in Existence
Modern Location: Giza Necropolis, Egypt
2.Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Date of Construction: Around 600 BC
Builder: Babylonians
Notable Feature: Diodorus Siculus described multi-levelled gardens reaching 22 meters (75 feet) high, complete with machinery for circulating water. Large trees grew on the roof. Built by Nebuchadnezzar II for his wife Amytis of Media.
Date of Destruction: After 1st century BC
Cause of Destruction: Earthquake
Modern Location: Al Hillah, Babil Province, Iraq
3.Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Date of Construction: 466-456 BC (Temple) 435 BC (Statue)
Builder: Greeks
Notable Feature: Occupied the whole width of the aisle of the temple that was built to house it, and was 12 meters (40 feet) tall.
Date of Destruction: 5th-6th centuries AD
Cause of Destruction: Fire
Modern Location: Olympia, Greece
4.Temple of Artemis at Ephesus Date of Construction: c. 550 BC
Builder: Lydians, Persians, Greeks
Notable Feature: Dedicated to the Greek goddess Artemis, it took 120 years to build. Herostratus burned it down to achieve lasting fame. Rebuilt by Alexander the Great only to be destroyed again by the Goths.
Date of Destruction: 356 BC (by Herostratus) AD 262 (by the Goths)
Cause of Destruction: Arson by Herostratus, Plundering
Modern Location: near Selçuk, Izmir Province, Turkey
5.Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus
Date of Construction: 351 BC
Builder: Carians, Persians, Greeks
Notable Feature: Stood approximately 45 meters (150 feet) tall, with each of the four sides adorned with sculptural reliefs. Origin of the word mausoleum, the tomb built for Mausolus, a satrap in the Persian Empire
Date of Destruction: by AD 1494
Cause of Destruction: The original structure was destroyed by flood. Then a new structure was built and was damaged by an earthquake and eventually disassembled by European Crusaders.
Modern Location: Bodrum, Turkey
6.Colossus of Rhodes
Date of Construction: 292-280 BC
Builder: Greeks
Notable Feature: A giant statue of the Greek god Helios, god of the sun, c. 35 m (110 ft) tall.
Date of Destruction: 226 BC
Cause of Destruction: Earthquake
Modern Location: Rhodes, Greece
7.Lighthouse of Alexandria
Date of Construction: c. 280 BC
Builder: Hellenistic Egypt, (Greeks)
Notable Feature: Between 115 and 135 meters (380 – 440 ft) high, it was among the tallest structures on Earth for many centuries. The name of the island that it was built on, Pharos, eventually became the Latin word for lighthouse, pharos.
Date of Destruction: AD 1303-1480
Cause of Destruction: Earthquake
Modern Location: Alexandria, Egypt
Seven Wonders of the Medieval World
When I was in UK, I managed to visit the first wonder of the mediaeval world with my beloved siblings. Hence, 1 down...6 to Go! Bolehkah? Sampaikah? Bilakah? InsyaAllah kalau ada rezeki. Maybe bila dah ada kids kot baru khatam semua tempat LOL
i just noticed i dont have a good picture with the batu-batu..sibuk amik pic kat padang jer..zasss
1.Stonehenge
Modern Location: Wiltshire, United Kingdom
2.Colosseum
Modern Location: Rome, Italy
3.Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
Modern Location: Alexandria, Egypt
4.Great Wall of China
Modern Location: Northern China
5.Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
Modern Location: South bank of the Yangtze in Nanjing, China.
6.Hagia Sophia
Modern Location: Istanbul, Turkey
7.Leaning Tower of Pisa
Modern Location: Pisa, Italy
Did you guys know that there are also the:- New 7 Wonders of the Modern World 7 Wonders of the Modern World 7 Natural Wonders of the World 7 Wonders of the Industrial World
Well for further reading you can read here! Dah panjang sangat dah entry ni.. -_-
credits to :Wikipedia
1 comment:
i tak sempat g tgk pisa tower sbb jauh dari rome. =( kene g lg skali tp this time ene backpckers.
Post a Comment